Youth Mass and Potluck Signup
The Confirmation Preparation program is for teens in grades 9 and 10 who are ready to prepare for Confirmation. They will prepare through Sunday night sessions, retreats, guest speakers, service and liturgies. Confirmation will take place in the Spring of grade 10.
Confirmation 1 (9th Grade) will meet on Sunday nights beginning the end of September from 5:00 - 6:30 pm.
Confirmation 2 (10th Grade) will meet on Sunday nights beginning the end of September from 6:45 - 8:15 pm.
*Note - There will be some events that will occur outside of the normal class times, i.e. retreats, guest speakers, youth Masses and service projects. The full schedule will be posted in August.
Register for the Confirmation Preparation Program
Our Confirmation Program is for students in 9th and 10th grade. 9th grade students will attend Confirmation 1 and 10th grade students will attend Confirmation 2.
Confirmation II, 10th Grade Retreat Signup
We have 2 options for our Confirmation II retreat this year - October 26 and February 8. Please sign up for your desired date. Each retreat will be capped at 50 students, so please sign up early if you want to guarantee a specific date.
The Retreat will begin at 9:00 am at St. Joseph's Parish Center, Kingston and the students will return by bus to Holy Family to be picked up at 6:00pm after the 5:00pm Mass. Families are invited to join us for the 5 pm Mass at Holy Family.
Confirmation Program Changes
We have some exciting changes to the Confirmation Program this year that we would like to share with you:
- Most importantly, Confirmation has been moved up from September of 11th grade to Spring of 10th grade. This change will allow for formation to continue after the reception of Confirmation.
- Because of the move in the Confirmation Dates, 10th grade retreats will be held earlier in the year next year (Oct or Feb) and the 9th grade retreat will be held later in the year (April).
- We are also adding a joint 9th/10th grade retreat this year which will be held in November.
- Classes will meet a few less times, which will allow for the extra retreat experience, more speakers and additional formation opportunities outside of the classroom setting (more details on this to come later this summer).
- The service hour requirement will move from requiring a certain amount of hours each year, to requiring 15 hours total between the 2 years.
$200 per students, which includes all retreat fees.